For Long Term Bulk Storage
Hopper Bottom Silos are generally built on fabricated steel structures with the conical bottom made of steel plates and the corrugated sheets performed are assembled with bolts and nuts on circular purlins and vertical stiffeners with waterproof washers, cylindrically above the conical hopper with a sloped roof in the top. Ladders to climb and get into the silos, handrails, manholes etc are provided. The grains will be discharged by gravity to the bucket elevator/belt conveyor for onward conveying. These silos can also be built on the top of the concrete conical hopper with beams and columns built in situ.
Aeration, ventilation, temperature monitoring system as required are all provided to the built hopper bottom silo. Normally these steel silos are recommended for storage up to 500 tones of grains like paddy having the density of less than 550kg/m3. Alternatively, there is another option which is flat bottom grain silos.
Characteristics of Hopper Bottom Silos
- Hopper Bottom Silos are multipurpose and are suitable for grain processing plants, animal feed plants, grain milling plants, and poultry houses.
- Hopper Bottom Silos are manufactured in capacities from 20 Tons to 1000 Tons.
- Rostfrei offers hopper bottom silos in diameters from 2.74m to 12.79m
- Dynamic Analysis of silo structural stability is carried out considering the seismic zone and wind loads of respective areas where the silos will be installed.
- Zincalume steels sheets are used in the manufacturing of the silos, which are able to withstand strength 350Mpa.
- Standard angle for bottom hopper of a silo is 45 degrees. However, the bottom hoppers of angle 50, 55, 60 degrees may also be manufactured on request.
Note: We serve the maximum region of Asia and have successfully installed Hopper Bottom Silo in Africa, Asia, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Thailand, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, etc.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *